JIVA DANCE IS LOOKING FOR PROFESSIONAL BHARATANATYAM DANCERS FOR FUTURE PERFORMANCES AND PROJECTS –
• Looking for Bharatanatyam dancers based in the NYC area with a minimum of 10 years performance experience, who have learned full margams and have a history of solid practice and engagement with the art
• Dancers with professional performance experience are preferred
• A minimum commitment of one year is required
• Rehearsals will be twice per week in NYC and more based in performance schedule
• Performances will be paid
Candidates will be selected for an audition in February at the Jiva Studio.
About Jiva Dance:
Jiva Dance, founded in 2007 and under the artistic direction of Sonali Skandan, is a critically acclaimed dance company based in NYC. The Company strives to present work that is inclusive, universal and challenging. Jiva Dance explores the intersections of classicism, modernity and experimentalism. Jiva Dance is not tied to Bharatanatyam’s cultural specificity, but creates work that reflects our lives in a diverse urban environment. Jiva Dance holds the belief that tradition is a continuum of evolution and hopes to invigorate classical works with a freshness and unique voice.
Please send your bio with detailed training and performance experience along with a sample video showcasing both nritta and abhinaya to